Monday, August 24, 2009

Finally an update from us

It's been a super long time since we last wrote something here. We were being lazy (basically only me) and also busy with work (referring to my dearest). Nothing much happened except for the daily routine that we are so familiar, used and bored with. In fact, we have been logging in everyday to check on our blog and friends' blogs but we are just too lazy to pen words down here. If anyone is reading, we apologised that you might have left "us" due to our lack of updates.

Nothing much to update really, except that baby is growing inside of me and getting stronger each day. With his regular stretching, I can almost see my tummy wobbling and that's the most amazing thing when it happened for the very first time. Baby is also frequently amusing daddy with his power kicks. Haha! Daddy will always smile and start his talking routine to baby when he kicks. Seriously, i think baby do know when his daddy is around and at home because when daddy's home, he's at his most active level. I used to hear friends telling me that even when babies are growing inside of the tummy, they do know who is around and will response and react accordingly. I used to find that it's their own "imagination" or reasons to explain the baby's movement. But now, I somehow believe what was being said. Haha! Perhaps I am also amusing myself, but truly that's how my baby reacts. He will start moving and kicking the minute daddy's home and when daddy prays and read him the bible. But when mummy reads, he's all still. During the day, maybe I am too tired with myself that I couldn't feel him much. But whatever it is, he's always daddy and mummy's miracle boy. One whom we will adore and maybe spoil him.

At week 24, (now I am halfway week 27) baby has already turned. This makes us pretty nervous as we definitely do not want him out until November. We want him to be fully grown and matured before he sees the world. So baby, be good boy ok! Many has commented that I have not put on much weight since day 1 and they were concerned that baby is deprived of nutrients. Oh well, guys let me assured you that i have been eating well but definitely not overeating. I have been well fed by my mum and hubby. Though i didn't put on much weight as some pregnant ladies do, but gynae has confirmed that baby is of a good weight till now. So i see it on the side that baby has been absorbing all my nutrients. Haha! I didn't want to eat too much and bloat myself up and end up vomiting everything out, neither do I want to be like others who will take advantage of their pregnancy to stuff themselves crazy and in the end, complain that being pregnant makes them fat and are not able to lose the weight after that.

Being pregnant do gives me the privilege to eat food that i craved for at anytime of the day, as long as the store is open and within means of reach. But that also depends on who you are telling your cravings to. Tell it to the wrong person and either they "condemn" you for eating what they deemed as "forbidden" food or ignoring you and said that it's just your hormones acting up or just some excuses that you made to make yourself feel like a queen trying to throw a tantrum to get what you want. Some even said that your craving and behaviour is due to too much of tv influence. *faintz* Hubby has been the best person these 7 months, accommodating all my needs and request at weird hours of the day and to my weird taste buds. Of course there are times where he will "complains" but I know that he is also sharing his joy of entering into fatherhood. Though he's super tired after a hard day's work, he still never fails to come back to give me my "due" massage and to complete the amount of household chores that he has "releases" me to do during these few months. How lovely can he be right? Hehe... The thing that I do not really enjoy during this period of time is the fatigue that I am going through, the weird taste bud that i have developed and the amount of tonics (like bird's nest... yikes) that I have to take. I don't understand why am I always so tired, to the extend that i felt that i can sleep 24hrs. The worse thing is, I can be sleeping for 12hrs but it seems like i am equally tired or sometimes more tired after waking up. Am I turning into a big lazy bum? Haiz... Oh and I am so super "sensitive" to the weather. If it's hot and sunny, I will feel as if I am a sick person and can't seems to drag myself out of bed. But if it's cool and windy, best if it's raining, I felt that it's the most wonderful day of my life. Hey my friends who have given birth or pregnant at this moment, do you guys feel the same as me?

Enough of my thoughts and grumbling. Right now, I just pray for good weather till baby is out and baby will be a super healthy boy. Till our next update...

No comments: